- Those currently enrolled in Kaivalya’s Yoga Teacher Training Program.
- Current Yoga Teachers who are looking to fulfill their Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Training Requirement (covers 16 of the 30 required hours) or ‘step up’ their Anatomy skills.
- Anyone who wants a cutting edge understanding of human anatomy and physiology and (most importantly), how to apply it in on the yoga mat (although it is not the primary focus of the weekend, application via diet will also be included in the instruction).
- Have a deep understanding that will unravel the 7 Anatomy & Physiology Myths (Some Of Which, Even Your Yoga Teacher Likely Believes). Read This Now, If you have not.
- Be able to execute the right breathing techniques to get yourself going or conversely, to help yourself relax and calm down.
- Learn proper bone placement and how common yoga instructions such as “get your hips in one line” (triangle, warrior) or “push your shoulders down” actually create instability, strain, and tension.
- Understand how both yoga and diet have the potential to promote or alleviate anxiety when the right combination of techniques are used.
- Gain an understanding of how the human body is interconnected. Not just that it is, but that some parts are more interconnected than others.
- Practice meditation techniques that boost memory and reduce stress.
- Learn to engage your muscles in harmony in poses with the right timing and the right way that hits the “reset button” on the negative patterns your body is holding.
- Know the foods and yogic techniques that stimulate your body’s natural capacity for self-cleansing and detoxification.
- Understand why the thyroid and adrenal glands are so important to stress recovery and how yoga and diet influence them.
- Get a Practical Experience of All Learning. A total of 6 hours of physical practice through the weekend!
- A Yogic and Basic Human Understanding of the Following Body Systems:
- Digestive System
- Skeletal System
- Endocrine System
- Muscular System
- Circulatory and Respiratory Systems
- Myofascial System
- Nervous System
- Lymphatic and Skin Systems
Friday, Feb 17, 7:30pm to 9:45pm : Consciousness for Human Bodies, an Owner’s Manual — w/ Alex Pfeiffer
Saturday, Feb 18, 9am to 12:15pm: Structural Anatomy in Practice w/ Alex Pfeiffer
Saturday, Feb 18, 1:50pm to 5pm: Physiology for Yoga and Diet w/ Katy Wallace
Saturday, Feb 19, 10am to 2:15pm: Structural Anatomy in Practice & Teaching w/ Alex Pfeiffer
Sunday, Feb 19, 4pm to 6:45pm: Physiology for Yoga and Diet w/ Katy Wallace
Katy Wallace is a traditional Naturopath and Registered Yoga Teacher. She teaches people to take control of their own health by eating better and utilizing natural remedies to support the healing process.
“I believe the body has the ability to heal and stay healthy if given the proper nutrition and care. You’ll notice that all of the training I’ve chosen and the services I offer are rooted in that fundamental belief in our innate ability to be well.
I hold a Doctor of Naturopathy (ND) degree from Trinity College of Natural Health and have since completed over 200 hours of continuing education in the area of holistic nutrition. I also hold a Master’s degree from the Institute for Environmental Studies at the UW–Madison and a Bachelor’s degree in Geology and Environmental Sciences from Carleton College in Minnesota.
Because meditation and yoga practices contribute to keeping body systems balanced, I became certified in Kundalini yoga, completed over 200 hours in Yoga Alliance-approved teacher training, and am now recognized as a registered yoga teacher.
In 2006 I founded Human Nature, LLC, offering nutrition, naturopathy, and yoga services in Madison, Wisconsin.
Alex Pfeiffer is Teacher Training director at the Kaivalya Yoga Teacher Training. Since yoga & bodywork certification in 2004, Alex has gained a reputation as one of Madison’s most reliable experts in bio-mechanics and usage of yoga for therapeutic healing. With a total of 5 yoga & bodywork certifications, his teaching focuses heavily on understandable alignment, breath, action, & attitude for full human detoxification: physically, mentally, & emotionally. The result is a class to push your spiritual edge from struggle to ease; from intensity to peace; and from madness to clarity. “Life is a wild ride” he says, “you never know what’s just around the corner. All we can do is discover the parts of ourselves we never knew were there – and then: Blossom.”
Alex designs training weekends that synthesize cutting edge understanding of the human body with its correlate of action and meaning in the world. He brings together a team of some of the best teachers in Wisconsin to distill yoga’s creative core for teachers to be. “Whether we study yoga as a science or an art,” he says, “it all flows from a creative core. And when our energy flows from that core to all domains… we are unstoppable, happy, and free.”
Kaivalya Yoga Teacher Training Credit: $279 / weekend
Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credit: $179 / weekend
General Public: $179 / weekend
Ala Carte available but full weekend recommended. To sign up, contact Alex at email@example.com.
Sign up ahead of time and get free yoga anatomy & alignment videos!